2010/03/14

The way of the Samurai

Two days ago I read in one of Japanese for foreigners (means in English) magazines about a movie for bloggers. Because I can say I am a blogger too (still a rookie though) I decided to watch it. Julie and Julia is a wonderful, inspiring comedy which pictures my two great loves: cuisine (it's the first thing on my pleasures list) and France, which whatever people say will be always deep in my heart. I'm also a big fan of Meryl Streep performance and I admire her in every role she stars. So, the plot is that Julie blogs about her cooking journey through Julia Child's cook book and the movie shows two authentic stories of both Julie and Julia, so don't worry about Disney's fake drama and a very happy ending. I must say that after watching the film I missed French food so much that I went the nearest bakery called (!!!) ‘Patisserie Sakura’ 

and I bought a croissants and tartine. While eating those mouth melting delicacies  I decided to make my Japanese commitment, similar to the one that Julie Powell made. I will master Japanese in next 5 months so in the end of my stay i will be fluent in Japanese enough to read one chosen book!

My tools: 4 text books, 2 work books, 1 dictionary.... and the Japanese at every corner

Deadline: 30 July

Goal: Master in Japanese

You: wish me good luck!


1 comment:

  1. how are you doing then darling?? i loooved that movie too. i know you'll d just fine!

    ReplyDelete