2010/03/06

Let's sing together!

So finally almost a month of "hard" work (readily no party) I went out with my lab colleagues. It was farewell party, because again there is something different about Japan that they finish in March and start a new academic year in April. So I can say that somehow I have a "summer break" now, but work is work and there's no holiday for me. The party started with dinner in Japanese style restaurant. No shoes allowed. Food as always was delish, but the seats were horrible. I understand that kneeing position is dignified, but having a party in that way is not really a pleasure. I didn't know exactly what to do with my legs. All in all, after some gymnastic moves I found one stable yoga position. Later we went to next party to another Japanese style bar. Again I was reprimanded to leave my shoes (Yeah better wear clean socks). I tried hot and cold sake, and I was asked by the Japanese to say which one was better. So here is a Japanese hint: If you warm sake you cannot tell if it's good or bad sake. If it's cold you can easily find a cheapie! When finally we were drunk enough, we went to karaoke! The lobby (yeah there is a lobby there) looked like a big pharmacy.
The guy at counter wore even an apron. After short time we were directed into one of many karaoke rooms. The interesting thing is that soft drinks are for free! So if you are thirsty you can drink as much as you want. For booze you need to pay extra and believe me you need lots of it to feel certain enough to sing in front of your pals. Once I started I couldn't finish (I mean singing). Really now I understand the phenomena of karaoke, but the Japanese style one. No the one with a cheap display where you sing in front of the whole bar. In the end I even tried some J-pop - reading Japanese fast is a really difficult task - but with you alcoh friend it's always easier! So if you are not familiar with J-pop check this thing!


7AM we caught a train back home.... Japanization initiated!

No comments:

Post a Comment