2010/03/08

In search of off switch...


Unluckily for me, the weekend was really rainy - no sightseeing, no mood to get out! I like my small studio. It's cozy, most of the time clean, and I have all electrical appliances which ease my life. I decided to stay indoors and do some chores as well as relax a bit in front of TV (actually everything is in Japanese, so sometimes commercials are the best part, because at least they are understandable). One might think that, cooking, doing laundry or vacuuming is as simple as in the west? No way.
Pics below can give you some hints way.

Yes everything is in Japanese. For me it's very funny. Just think - even at  home I fill like little discoverer, who is happy to at least turn on the device!!!
I remember my first lunch from the microwave - it was a disaster - cold and I used fuckin' machine for about half an hour, or the air conditioner - It switched off every ten minutes???
Every young discoverer has it's bible to follow. So have I:

This great book of kanji (Japanese characters) in everyday life - really helps in everyday life. No bullshit about how is flower or bee, but where is switch off or how to use a remote control. Just check this pic
of a remote controller:













In Japan an ordinary day might be a new adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment